waves lap footprints in the sand
the silver crescent emerges
Compassion, excellence, and self improvement are the things I strive for. I am a cyclist, martial artist, photographer, poet, author. I am a scientist, professor, software developer, and an entrepreneur. Odds are you’ve interacted with my work on countless occasions. I believe we are all swords tempered in the fire of this world to remove the impurities and bring out our best qualities.
I enjoy brewing single origin coffee in a simple mocha pot.
What I’m doing with my life is
Building relationships, developing partnerships, writing, reading, reflecting, teaching, and thinking about ways I can improve the lives of my fellow human beings.
Current professional roles:
- Director of Mobile @ Octo Telematics
- Adjunct Professor, Mobile & Web @ Howard Community College
- Book Author @ RayWenderlich.com (currently on three book teams)
- Video Team @ RayWenderlich.com
- Android Article Team @ RayWenderlich.com (Author, Tech Editor)
- Official photographer for various mobile tech conferences
- writing a movie script
- finishing work on my first non-technical book
- finishing production on my second and third song releases this year.
I’m really good at
Learning new skills quickly. Focusing on a single thing, diving deep and completing a task with attention to detail.
Six things I could never do without
A finely tuned road bike that fits me like a glove. My glasses. A clean, sanitary environment. My intellect & sanity. My journal. Quality single origin coffee.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
How I can improve myself.
My friends would describe me as
As a friend Fuad is loving, generous, trustworthy and brutally honest! ❤️🤗quote from my best friend
- I have uncanny control over my heart rate. My resting heart ❤️ rate is 44 bpm, but easily drops below 40 during dhikr 📿
- next time you’re checking a flight ✈️ time at an airport, you’ll know who made the interface you’re staring at 😁
- I taught Anatomy & Physiology to nursing students, without having ever taken an anatomy course in my life. 😅
- I’ve trained in a number of martial arts over the years – it’s been one of my core passions since my earliest years. 🥋 In college I trained in Taekwondo with the U.S. National champion, then after undergrad I trained with the U.S. Olympic team coach. I’ve been studying Iaido under Doshu Shiro Shintaku since 2011. The martial spirit permeates everything I do and every aspect of my life.
This site is my personal blog. Other sites of interest:
My company: Anaara LLC
*All opinions, views, and anything else expressed on this site are expressly my own opinion and do not necessarily reflect the views of my company, associates, or any other parties.
You must log in to post a comment.