waves lap footprints in the sand
the silver crescent emerges
Compassion, excellence, and self improvement are the things I strive for. I am a cyclist, martial artist, photographer, poet, author. I am a scientist, professor, software developer, and an entrepreneur. Odds are you’ve interacted with my work on countless occasions. I believe we are all swords tempered in the fire of this world to remove the impurities and bring out our best qualities.
I enjoy brewing single origin coffee in a simple mocha pot.
What I’m doing with my life is
Building relationships, developing partnerships, writing, reading, reflecting, teaching, and thinking about ways I can improve the lives of my fellow human beings.
Current professional roles:
- Book Author @ Kodeco (currently on three book teams)
- Video Team @ Kodeco
- Android Article Team @ Kodeco (Author, Tech Editor)
- Adjunct Professor, Mobile & Web @ Howard Community College
- Official photographer for various mobile tech conferences
- writing a movie script
- working on two brand new Android books
I’m really good at
Learning new skills quickly. Focusing on a single thing, diving deep and completing a task with attention to detail.
Six things I could never do without
A finely tuned road bike that fits me like a glove. My glasses. A clean, sanitary environment. My intellect & sanity. My journal. Quality single origin coffee.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
How I can improve myself.
My friends would describe me as
As a friend Fuad is loving, generous, trustworthy and brutally honest! ❤️🤗quote from my best friend
- I have uncanny control over my heart rate. My resting heart ❤️ rate is 44 bpm, but easily drops below 40 during dhikr 📿
- next time you’re checking a flight ✈️ time at an airport, you’ll know who made the interface you’re staring at 😁
- I taught Anatomy & Physiology to nursing students, without having ever taken an anatomy course in my life. 😅
- I’ve trained in a number of martial arts over the years – it’s been one of my core passions since my earliest years. 🥋 In college I trained in Taekwondo with the U.S. National champion, then after undergrad I trained with the U.S. Olympic team coach. I’ve been studying Iaido under Doshu Shiro Shintaku since 2011. The martial spirit permeates everything I do and every aspect of my life.
This site is my personal blog. Other sites of interest:
My company: Anaara LLC
My cycling team: Team Velocipede
*All opinions, views, and anything else expressed on this site are expressly my own opinion and do not necessarily reflect the views of my company, associates, or any other parties.